Trudy Firth founded Resumes and CVs 4u following an extensive career in Recruitment, Training and Business Management.
It is imperative that clients develop a rapport with the person that they are entrusting with the responsibility to create their most important career and personal promotional tool. As a therapist (with undergraduate studies in psychology) Trudy has exceptional communication and listening skills. As a student of Law she continued to apply a passion for research and writing. As a Community Visitor for the Office of the Public Advocate she has keen observational skills. As a Director she has recruited, trained, and managed staff. As your professional Resume Writer she uses all these skills and more. She enjoys gathering information together, however disparate to produce an exceptional document. Each Resume is written as if it were her own.
Formal Qualifications include:
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Music from the University of Melbourne with further scholarship supported studies at the University of California – San Francisco in Music Therapy.
Certificate courses include:
- Certificate in Special Education
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate IV in Disability Services
Regular attendance nationally and internationally at conferences and workshops for professional development and participation in many e conferences and Skype discussions.
- National Police Security Clearance
- Working with Children’s Certificate
- CDAA – Career Development Association of Australia
- AORCP – Association of Online Resume and Career Professionals
- PARWCC – Professional Association Resume Writers & Career Coaches
- AIM – Australian Institute of Management
- ACS – Australian Careers Service
- EJN – Environmental Jobs Network
Professional career highlights include:
- Working as a Disability Support Worker and Music Therapist
- Regional Planner for Aged Care and Disability Services
- Executive Officer for a local Community Education Service
- Community Service Development Officer
- Health and Community Services Policy and Planning including defining the technical specifications for the client data management system
- 20 years as Director/Owner of two boutique Dental Practices
- Director of a not for profit Employment and Training organisation
- Consultant for submission/tender writing, policy development, development of training protocols and implementation of training
- Community Visitor for the Office of the Public Advocate
- Dress for Success – Trainer/Mentor