Preparing your 30 second “Sales Pitch”.
Your “Sales Pitch” is your opportunity to “Self Market” – make it short, and sharp.
When to use your “Sales Pitch”?
- Whenever you hear “So tell me about yourself?”
Make it relevant to what you want, who you are and where you want to be.
· Practice it over and over.
· Practice it in the Shower every day over and over (this is a small space that reverberates just like a small, stuffy office or Boardroom),
· Practice it dressed in your interview clothes,
· Practice it sitting on a chair in front of a table with three chairs facing you,
· Practice it at the dinner table before you commence your meal,
· Prepare talking points and practice delivering them either in 10 seconds or 10 minutes.
Try standing with your nose touching a mirror and talking. It feels really uncomfortable. As you move back a step, repeat your speech, still uncomfortable. Take another step and feel how relaxed you are now. Enjoy that feeling and remember it for the future when you have to talk.
You will use this speech everywhere you go. Good Luck !